Monday 28 November 2016

GOOD DIVORCE WEEK

The New Code of Practice

I am a proud member of Resolution which is a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way.

Resolution membership is about the approach I take to my work. Resolution have a Code of Practice which members follow and  means that  I will always seek to reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation, support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first and act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.

I have been working as a family law professional for over 21 years and appreciate, that clients reach the best outcomes when they are helped to understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions. This is why I use experience and knowledge to guide my clients through the options available to them.

As a Resolution member, I have signed up to a Code of Practice that will demonstrate to clients the approach I will always take. The Code promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.

If you decide to work with me, this means:-

I listen to you, will be honest with you and treat you with respect.

Explaining all the options and giving you confidence to make the right
        decisions.

Helping you focus on what’s important in the long-term.

Helping you balance financial and emotional costs with what you 
        want to achieve.

Working with others to find the right approach and the best solutions
        for you.

Managing stress in what can be an already stressful situation.

The new Code of Practice is being launched TODAY  (28.11.16) to commence the start of “Good Divorce Week”. This years’ campaign will be focusing on no fault divorce and improving rights for cohabiting couples.

If you have any queries or seek further information please contact me Cindy Ervine.


Cindy Ervine
Matrimonial Solicitor and Collaborative Lawyer



Cindy Ervine is a Matrimonial Solicitor
and Collaborative Lawyer who is
based at the firm's Devizes office.