Friday 31 August 2018

Meet the Lawyer - Frances Nash


Tell us a bit about yourself?

I am an Associate Lawyer, employed by ABD for 11 ½ years.  I live locally with my husband and two teenage daughters.

What area of law do you work in?

Family Law.

Tell us about your journey to the law?

Studying 'A' Level law sparked my interest in the subject and I started my career studying to become a Legal Executive with Bevan Ashford Solicitors in Bristol for a few years, before returning to full time study and gaining a Law degree from the University of Leicester.  I then worked for Shoosmiths and Tollers Solicitors, both in the East Midlands and then returned to live in Wiltshire and commenced employment with ABD, when my children were young.  I initially practiced Civil Litigation, transferring to Family Law six years ago.  

What are 5 words a client would use to describe you?

Approachable, understanding, knowledgeable, helpful & pragmatic.

What would you say has been your career highlight to date?

I don't have an individual highlight, but always get a buzz when a family matter resolves.  

What / who inspires you?

My colleagues in the Family Law team, my husband and my children.

What do you enjoy to do outside of work?


I have always enjoyed music and learnt to play the piano when I was younger.  I regularly go to music concerts, gigs and festivals.  I'm also a keen sports fan and follow cricket and football in particular, (although supporting Swindon Town FC can be challenging)!  I started yoga this year, which I really enjoy and find that it helps both body & mind.